• We have updated our Patient Portal. Please click here to learn more.
• Please check our updated COVID19 policies prior to your appointment.
We Take Care of You for Life!
Lowcountry Women’s Specialists is a privately-run, independently-owned OBGYN practice serving the Lowcountry for nearly 30 years. Our team of administrators, medical professionals and our practice’s 7 physicians – Dr. Christopher Accetta, Dr. Martha Cohen, Dr. Jennifer Heinemann, Dr. Christine Hunter, Dr. Ronnie Givens, Dr. Miles Reeves, Dr. William “Bo” Reeves, and Dr. Hunter Smith – are deeply committed to our patients and our community. Responding to the changing needs of our patients and introducing the latest, proven technology and practices, while maintaining a family-like atmosphere is a priority for us. We take care of you for life. As your healthcare needs change over time – from yearly checkups and contraception to pregnancies and, eventually, menopause – we’re here to serve you.
We serve patients at locations in Carnes Crossroads and Summerville. We proudly deliver babies at the newly-renovated Women and Children’s Center at Summerville Medical Center and the new Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital. We are grateful to the readers of HealthLinks Magazine, The Summerville Journal Scene, The Berkeley Independent, and The Post and Courier for voting us Best OBGYN by for consecutive years.
• If you are newly pregnant, please call 843.797.3664 to set up your appointment.
• Tricare Prime patients must have a referral from their military doctor before making an appointment other than an annual preventive exam. We can’t see Tricare Prime patients without an authorization number.
• New Year, New Paperwork! Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to give yourself some time to complete.
**UPDATED COVID 19 INFORMATION*
We at LCWS are proud to offer safe and up to date medical practices every day to all patients.
• We continue to adhere to the highest standard of infection control practices in our office to protect our patients.
• Please stay safe and healthy and wash your hands!
• Patients who are showing symptoms and/or families who have sick household members are asked to reschedule your appointment.
Your News – Your Community
Lowcountry Women’s Specialists is pleased to announce that Dr. Miles Reeves has joined the practice as a full partner. Summerville-native, Dr. Miles Reeves joined Lowcountry Women’s Specialists in the Summer of 2021. Dr. Reeves provides comprehensive OB/GYN services,...
We are proud to use the NELLA speculum! Nella is smoother, slim as a tampon, quiet and less painful than traditional metal and plastic speculums. Designed by women for women, Nella is a totally different, totally new way to take on pelvic exams. Forget the cold, harsh...
When should I make an appointment with an OBGYN for the first time? Many patients and parents ask us this question, so we've asked our doctors to share their answers with you! Dr. Martha Cohen: When is the best time to make my first...
Labor and Delivery
We proudly deliver babies at the beautiful, newly-renovated Women and Childrens Center at Summerville Medical Center on Midland Parkway. We are looking forward to delivering babies at the new, state-of-the-art Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital.
Summerville Medical Center
Summerville Medical Center
Summerville Medical Center’s new women’s and children’s unit features:
• Two-story patient tower with 30 private postpartum rooms
• Beautiful birthing suites that provide new families a welcoming space to bond with their baby
• Level II neonatal ICU (NICU) with specially trained physicians and nurses to care for our sickest babies
• Emergency Department OB suite
• C-section suite
• State of the art technology that providers patients with the comforts of home and the highest quality care, including 55” Apple TVs in each patient room; NICView, which allows families to watch their newborn in the NICU anytime, anywhere and on any electronic device through a 24/7 secure portal; wireless fetal monitoring that allows moms to be more comfortable and mobile during labor; and more.
• HUGS Baby Safety security that ensures our babies are protected 24/7 during their hospital stay with unique tamper-proof tags.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR:
Roper Saint Francis Berkeley
Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital
Roper St Francis Berkeley Hospital’s new Mother and Baby Unit features:
- 4 labor and delivery suites
- 2 C-section operating rooms
- 16 postpartum rooms
- 3 triage rooms
- Halo Swivel Sleeper Bassinets
Good health begins with regular exams, recommended screenings, and smart lifestyle choices. At LowCountry Women’s Specialists our specialty is promoting women’s health and providing options to enhance your health from adolescence and beyond.
Every birth is a special event, and we’re delighted that you chose us to share this journey with you! Our commitment is to provide you with the highest level of safe, competent, and personalized care to assure the health of you and your baby.
Join the LowCountry Women's Specialists Family
HOURS OF OPERATION: