Expecting moms: we are here to support you during your special time! The safety of you and your baby are our first priority, and we know it can be difficult without your loved ones by your side.
Here are a few ways we are caring for you during COVID-19:
– Maternity patients can have 1 support person while in Labor & Delivery and Mother/Baby (the same support person throughout their stay), provided that they meet the hospital’s health screening requirements.
– To protect yourself and our staff, it’s imperative that you follow the latest government advice about social distancing; stay away from public places and avoid anyone who has symptoms suggestive of COVID-19. Please continue to refer to the current guidance on infection prevention for yourself and your household; direction from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in regard to pregnancy and breastfeeding can be found here.
We ask patients and their named visitor to be particularly vigilant with respect to social distancing in the 14 days prior to admission. No children or additional visitors will be permitted.
– Before you arrive at the hospital, we want to make you aware of a few additional precautionary steps we are taking at this time. We have a number of screening questions in place for all patients and visitors before entering the building. Again, this is precautionary and helps maintain the safety of all involved, and limits the spread of any potential infectious illnesses.
Here are the questions you may be asked:
- Does the Patient/Visitor have a fever or signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness, for example a cough or shortness of breath?
- Has the Patient/Visitor had close contact with a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days?
– We are the only Lowcountry hospital that offers NICView, a secure, web-streaming video feed that can be shared with your loved ones. The NICView cameras will be set up in Labor & Delivery and in the NICU for new moms to introduce their baby to their loved ones.
– Take a virtual tour of our new women’s unit from the comfort (and safety) of your couch at: sumdoc.co/VirtualTour.
-We are screening every patient, visitor and staff member who enters the building to ensure your safety.