We Take Care of You for Life!
Lowcountry Women’s Specialists is a privately-run, independently-owned OBGYN practice serving the Lowcountry for nearly 30 years. Our team of administrators, medical professionals and our practice’s 7 physicians – Dr. Christopher Accetta, Dr. Martha Cohen, Dr. Jennifer Heinemann, Dr. Christine Hunter, Dr. Ronnie Givens, Dr. William “Bo” Reeves, and Dr. Hunter Smith – are deeply committed to our patients and our community. Responding to the changing needs of our patients and introducing the latest, proven technology and practices, while maintaining a family-like atmosphere is a priority for us. We take care of you for life. As your healthcare needs change over time – from yearly checkups and contraception to pregnancies and, eventually, menopause – we’re here to serve you.
We serve patients at locations in Carnes Crossroads and Summerville. We proudly deliver babies at the newly-renovated Women and Children’s Center at Summerville Medical Center and the new Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital. We are grateful to the readers of HealthLinks Magazine, The Summerville Journal Scene, The Berkeley Independent, and The Post and Courier for voting us Best OBGYN by for consecutive years.
Due to the new guidelines limiting gatherings of 10 or more people, all CenteringPregnancy meetings are postponed. If you are a current member of a Centering group, you will be contacted this week to schedule an appointment with your main provider.
We will keep you updated as the Covid-19 guidelines continue to develop, and will resume Centering groups as soon as it is possible.
**UPDATED COVID 19 INFORMATION**
***APRIL 20 UPDATE***
We at LCWS are proud to offer safe and up to date medical practices every day to all patients. Please review the additional precautionary measures we have taken during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of all our patients and caregivers.
Please be aware of changes for the time being:
• We continue to have normal operating hours.
• We’re screening everyone at the door BEFORE entering the office.
• Once you have been screened outside of the building, to minimize your time in the waiting room, we will be asking you to wait in the car where we will call you for your appointment.
• No Visitors, other than dependent children, are allowed, and will be asked to wait in the car. Please consider leaving kids at home if possible!
• One visitor – either a dependent child 12 and under OR an adult visitor – will be allowed to accompany the patient for OB Ultrasounds only. Please be advised you are limited to one person only. For example, if you have a child and your partner with you at your visit, you may bring in your child OR your partner, but not both.
• For the time being, all non-emergent visits for patients 65 and older (annual exams, etc) will be postponed, as well as high risk immuno-compromised patients. It is not necessary to change your appointment otherwise.
• We are now offering Telemedicine options for those who have concerns about physically attending their appointments. Please call the office at 843.797.3664 to find out more.
• If you have Telemedicine appointment scheduled with your doctor, please visit our Telemedicine page to access your physician’s name to enter the waiting room when your appointment is scheduled.
• Due to the new guidelines limiting gatherings of 10 or more people, all CenteringPregnancy meetings are postponed. If you are a current member of a Centering group, you will be contacted this week to schedule an appointment with your main provider. We will keep you updated as the Covid-19 guidelines continue to develop, and will resume Centering groups as soon as it is possible.
• Patients who are showing symptoms and/or families who have sick household members to remain at home and call their primary care provider. If you have flu like symptoms and fever please be evaluated either by a primary care provider or an ER facility. Roper and MUSC are both offering free virtual health screenings for COVID-19:
Roper Screening Information:
MUSC Screening Information:
• We will continue to adhere to the highest standard of infection control practices in our office to protect our patients.
• Please stay safe and healthy and wash your hands!
• For more information about Covid-19, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
• We want to thank you in advance for your understand and cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 843-797-3664.
We are now offering Telemedicine options for those who have concerns about physically attending their appointments.
Please call the office at 843.797.3664 to find out more. If you have a Telemedicine appointment scheduled, please click the link below to enter your provider’s waiting room at the time that your appointment is scheduled.
Your News – Your Community
Dr. Schwartzberg talked with The Post and Courier's Jerrel Floyd about SC’s declining fetal death rate and the role Centering Pregnancy has had in helping to improve birth outcomes. One of the programs that has worked particularly well in South Carolina is called...read more
Lowcountry Women’s Specialists welcomes Dr Martha Cohen to their OB/GYN practice. Dr. Cohen is currently scheduling patients in the Carnes Crossroads, Summerville and North Charleston offices where she provides comprehensive OB/GYN services, including routine wellness...read more
This morning, Friday, November 22, 2019, Dr. Jennifer Heinemann performed the first-ever robotic hysterectomy at the new Roper St Francis Berkeley Hospital. Through the use of the da Vinci® Surgical System, surgeons are able to offer a minimally invasive option for...read more
Labor and Delivery
We proudly deliver babies at the beautiful, newly-renovated Women and Childrens Center at Summerville Medical Center on Midland Parkway. We are looking forward to delivering babies at the new, state-of-the-art Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital.
Summerville Medical Center
Summerville Medical Center
• Two-story patient tower with 30 private postpartum rooms
• Beautiful birthing suites that provide new families a welcoming space to bond with their baby
• Level II neonatal ICU (NICU) with specially trained physicians and nurses to care for our sickest babies
• Emergency Department OB suite
• C-section suite
• State of the art technology that providers patients with the comforts of home and the highest quality care, including 55” Apple TVs in each patient room; NICView, which allows families to watch their newborn in the NICU anytime, anywhere and on any electronic device through a 24/7 secure portal; wireless fetal monitoring that allows moms to be more comfortable and mobile during labor; and more.
• HUGS Baby Safety security that ensures our babies are protected 24/7 during their hospital stay with unique tamper-proof tags.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR:
Roper Saint Francis Berkeley
Roper Saint Francis Berkeley Hospital
- 4 labor and delivery suites
- 2 C-section operating rooms
- 16 postpartum rooms
- 3 triage rooms
- Halo Swivel Sleeper Bassinets
ARE YOU PREGNANT?
Introducing Centering Pregnancy.
Journey Through Motherhood, in a comfortable community group setting, with pregnancy care “centered” around you.
10 prenatal visits with your doctor, nurse & Mom Group Members.
Engage in Your Care
Record your own healthcare data & baby’s gestational age & communicate directly with your healthcare team using The Healow Mom App.
Meet individually with your physician for a one-on-one assessment.
Visits include discussions and interactive activities “Centered” around pregnancy topics important to you.
Good health begins with regular exams, recommended screenings, and smart lifestyle choices. At LowCountry Women’s Specialists our specialty is promoting women’s health and providing options to enhance your health from adolescence and beyond.
Every birth is a special event, and we’re delighted that you chose us to share this journey with you! Our commitment is to provide you with the highest level of safe, competent, and personalized care to assure the health of you and your baby.